Saturday, April 27, 2024

Blog Post #9

 

The Age of AI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ_lvDgevk


Ai is a very popular buzzword nowadays for good and for bad. Ai is being used in more and more work forces as time goes on. It makes work a lot more productive and a lot more efficient. However, there are a lot of downsides that come with these upsides. A lot of jobs that can be done by a human are going to be taken over by a machine. I worry a lot about the game design industry. I was talking with some professionals and they said that using an Ai to generate sketch art or to check code. These kinds of things would normally be done by interns or low-level job havers. As time goes on, the Ai can only improve and get better.

Kai-Fu Lee and the rich:

If you look earlier in the linked video you will see Kai-Fu Lee make a scary prediction. He believes that over 50% of jobs will be taken over. A lot of the really rich people who are benefitting from Ai are not brave enough to talk about Ai’s implications on the job market because of how rich it is making them. Lee being courageous enough to stand up and bring some of these problems to life is important to note. He believes that Ai is coming whether we like it or not so we need to be ready for it.


Last bit of the video:

The last bit of this video is called "supermarket robots". This section is focused on the political implications of AI. It starts by showing us this chart. The red shows how much percent of the country's wealth the top 1% has. While the blue shows how much percent of the country's wealth the middle and lower class make up. Ai is a tool that is empowering the rich because of how it takes away lower-level jobs.


My Opinion:

I am terrified of Ai's implications in how its going to get more involved in our homes. Alexa's and Google Home are already in our homes and they use Ai plus their microphone functions. Ai will only get more and more involved in our lives. National security is scary because of foreign owned companies using Ai algorithms to get data on us. As a game designer I do not have time to really get into the "nitty gritty" of the political values of Ai. I would much rather worry about getting a job. And when I am reliant on entry level jobs which are the same things Ai is being made to do. I do not like having to compete with machines. Unfortunately to make myself better in the industry I will have to learn how to utilize it in a way that make me hirable. I am not happy with this but I will do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Post #11

 The Consequences of Social Media My opinions on social media: I believe that my relationship with social media is extremely healthy. For st...